Chantale’s Areas of Expertise
Chantale is a certified living food chef, author, and creator of the first raw culinary classes at the University of British Columbia. She graduated from the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute with Master Gourmet Raw Chef, Cherie Soria, and spent many years afterwards designing and managing raw food cafes. Chantale’s biggest passion is working with people of all ages and inspiring them to prepare heathy foods!
Through her recipe books, classes and workshops, you will learn new cooking skills, gain confidence in the kitchen, and ultimately get inspired to have more fun while connecting to better health and wellness through delicious foods.
Chantale teaches culinary arts at a university and college level, in larger specific groups, or privately in your own home. Chantale loves to watch her students become more relaxed and confident in the kitchen with the ultimate reward of promoting healthy life giving foods.
Her Recipe Books
Chantale felt a strong desire to experience the whole process of publishing her own books and in 2011, alongside other talented professionals, she created her own publishing company called “Les éditions hmmm”. A company proud to produce the following very high quality and comprehensive recipe books:
Books Available for Purchase
Books Available Online (Electronic Versions)
Menu des fêtes (Version française)
Holiday Season Menu (English version)
Jus-repas créatifs (Version française)
Cru et cuit harmonie (Version française)
Tout cru dans l’bec (French version)
Cuisine express 1 (Version française)
Rawfreshing Express 1 (English version)
Rawfreshing Cuisine (English version)
Rawfreshing Express 1 (English version)
Rawfreshing Cuisine (Chinese version)
Raw and Cooked in Harmony (English version… with a better title!)
“I just bought your cookbook and love each and every page. What an inspiration! Thank you!”
“Hi Chantale, I received your wonderful book today. Just starting to read some of the recipes & pictures ~ exciting! I like the lemon powder idea!”
Her Classes Taught at UBC
Chef Chantale offered healthy culinary art courses in beautiful facilities where students learned how to prepare raw or cooked vegetarian and vegan cuisine!
- Introduction to Raw Cuisine
- Raw Cuisine Level 2
- Introduction to Vegetarian Cuisine
- Introduction to Vegan Cuisine
- Cuisinons en français (French cooking in their raw, vegan or vegetarian version)
- Vegetarian Cuisine for Teens Only
- Gluten Free Vegetarian Cuisine
- Raw Food Express
- Gourmet Vegetarian Cuisine
- Raw Vegan Desserts
- Gourmet Vegetarian Cuisine – Holiday Seasom
“Hi Chantale, you gave us so wonderful chance to learn more about raw food and encouraged my daughter to be more interested in this field. I also like to try 🙂”
Her Workshops All Around the Globe
From coast to coast, from continent to continent, Chantale goes to your city to teach you a series of cooking or uncooking workshops!
- Talk 1 « RAW FOODS: AN ANCIENT TOOL FOR BODY, MIND AND PLANETARY HEALTH » (2 hours)
- Talk 2 « Introduction to Raw Food Diet » (75-90 min., according to time available)
- Workshop-Demo « Rawfreshing Express 1 » (2,5 hours)
- Workshop-Demo « Rawfreshing Express 2 » (2,5 hours)
- Workshop-Demo « Introduction to Raw Food Cuisine » (2,5 hours)
- One-Day Workshop-Demo (6 hours)
- Workshop-Demo « Introduction to Detox Diet » (2,5 hours)
- Hands-On Raw Chocolate Making Workshop (2 hours)
- Workshop-Demo « Raw Gourmet Pastry » (2,5 hours)
- Workshop-Demo « Introduction to Vegetarian Cuisine » (2,5 hours)
- Workshop-Demo « Introduction to Vegan and Gluten-Free Cuisine » (2,5 hours)
Why Choose Chef Chantale Roy?
Chantale is a certified Chef from the prestigious culinary institute « Living Light » in 2004.
She has over 20 years of experience in healthy cooking and uncooking,
She has owned and designed 2 raw gourmet restaurants, in Quebec and British Columbia.
She studied Health Sciences and has a Bachelor of Education;
She has more that 20 years of experience in teaching, including 5 years at the University of British Columbia.
She is very creative and practical.
She adopted a plant-based diet for most of her life.
“Chantale is a beautiful person and a wonderful raw food chef. I was delighted to have her at Living Light as a student, and she has also helped with our Raw Food Revolution Tour when we visited Vancouver, B.C. Chantal’s new raw food recipe book Rawfreshing Cuisine is a delightful addition to the genre. Chantale shares her passion for colorful and tasty recipes with so much love and knowledge in a comprehensive and easy-to-follow format with beautiful pictures of many of her delightful creations. Each recipe has a quote and often special anecdotes related to the recipes.”